We’re already halfway through Minecraft Camp 2017–we can’t believe it! Our Crafters are making some amazing stuff (and our Counselor Bryson made a tower out of pumpkins). Check out what they’ve been cookin’ up today!
A Pumpkin Tower, lots of houses–including a big one–and a HUGE explosion. The students will colonize the crater tomorrow; there’s already talk of a prison (!) and a vault going in.
For the first time ever, students decided to hold elections for Minecraft officers. Here are the results:
- Mayor: Annalee
- Vice-Mayor: Victoria
- Secretary: Alex
- Treasurer: Boyd
- Head Guard: Evan
- Secretary of State: Steven
“I want to be the Vice-Mayor, and I am.” –Crafter Victoria
“I want to be in the jail!” –Crafter Evan
“Put Steven in jail!” –Various Crafters (Steven did not go to jail)
“Can you teleport me to [insert Crafter here]?!” –ALL of the Crafters at some point
“Can I have a diamond [insert ridiculous item here]?!” –Almost all of the Crafters at some point (usual response: “No”)
Our Crafters are apparently big fans of POTUS, so Camp Councilor Bryson Willis created “Trump’s Vault,” a dangerous, lava-filled labyrinth full of treasure. Crafter Alex found the treasure, which was split among the rest of the Crafters.
Picking over POTUS’s Lost Treasure. No evidence of collusion with the Russians was found.
We’re back for another day of Minecraft Camp! Here’s the plan for today:
- We installed the Custom NPCs mod, a perennial camp favorite. We’ll begin playing around with that later this morning.
- Camp Counselor Bryson Willis has constructed “Trump’s Vault,” which is full of goodies. It’s hidden in a forest to the west of the fishing village he built yesterday.
- Players are still working on their home village, and are (slowly) colonizing “Newland.”
Here are some views of the sunset from the Newland coast:
Who knew blocks could be so beautiful?
Day One of Minecraft Camp 2017 is in the books! Here are some highlights:
- Students explored the open-ended world (which we’re calling “Dobu”).
- Students built houses, hovels, huts, etc.
- We didn’t give the students many materials to get started, other than some iron pickaxes and a couple of iron axes apiece. As such, everything they built required materials they mined or harvested themselves.
- Quests/Missions: We created a few short assignments and quests, which we hope to build off of tomorrow. Students will colonize a new area of the map; continue construction of their home town; and keep exploring for buried treasure, etc.
- Speaking of buried treasurer, Crafter Evan found the Lost Tomb of Randy, a fallen warrior who left behind some sumptuous golden apples!
- Crafter Boyd began creating an economy based on emeralds. We can’t make this stuff up.
- Crafter Victoria built a lovely home.
- Counselor Bryson Willis built a replica of a video game fishing village.
- All of the Crafters received keychains from our 3D printer!
All in all, it was a great day with a fun group. We’re excited for Day 2!
One of our crafters, Victoria, built this lovely house. She mined/harvested all of the materials herself. Great job, Victoria!
The House that Craft Built